Monday, 31 October 2011

Happy Belated Birthday Ashikin! :DDD

Yes, this is my own self appreciation post. Don't like it? Then don't read it :P

JK. I was half serious, though hehehe

Anyways, last few days has marked another number to my age. I am now 23 sampai my next birthday. I suppose I am a fully mature adult la kan sepatutnya.

Padahal makan pun mak bayarkan lagi. Sorry sorry sorry sorry

So I was just thinking about what my friend said long ago. It was her birthday, but she did not demand for her parents to give her presents and stuff. So I thought, thats kind of weird. Everyone asks for a bday present on one's bday right? She kinda told me something which I cannot deny the point, which is birthdays are not about you. Its about reflecting how you got into the world and how you managed to survive for 23 years of living now. Its the day of feeling humble and being grateful for many things you were blessed with.

I should be thankful my parents decided to keep me and give birth to me. I should feel blessed because I was born into a family which can afford to educate me, feed me with more than enough food. Feel blessed because I have parents who wants to take care of me, feed me and raise me into becoming this beautiful (ehem) lady with a damn high respect for myself. But my birthday is not only about me being able to squeeze my way out from my mother's tummy, it is more of celebrating how my mother and my father raised me.

I shouldn't ask for anything on my birthday anymore :)

1 comment:

Wawa Abdullah said...

hepy belated besday! semoga panjang umor n murah rezeki.. :)